With over 30 years experience in the financial services sector, our advisors are uniquely placed to offer impartial financial analysis and advice. This is an essential practice for a client in order for them to assess their future needs and make sufficient plans to maintain their current lifestyle upon retirement, or indeed to protect it in the event of an illness, injury or accident. So in order to see how you can protect you and/or your family’s needs, please contact us today for a no commitment chat.
At Mortgage Options, we offer a range of products and services including:
- Mortgage Protection (Life Cover)
- Mortgage Protection (Accelerated Serious Illness Cover)
- Serious Illness Cover (Standalone/Accelerated)
- Guaranteed Whole of Life Cover
- Standalone Pension Term Cover
- Group Life Cover
- Group Disability Cover
We also offer a range of products and services under the pensions heading.
Please feel free to contact us as we would be very happy to discuss your specific requirements today.
How Income Protection Works…
Income protection is a type of insurance that pays you a regular income if you can no longer work due to an injury or illness. Its aim is to replace some of your earned income once any state benefits are taken into account, so you could still maintain the level of lifestyle you are used to. If you are in fulltime employment or are selfemployed and earn an income, you can take advantage of an income protection plan.
What is Income Insurance?
Income Insurance is the product name for our income protection plan. It provides a replacement income, also called incapacity benefit, if you cannot work as a result of an illness or injury. After a certain period, known as the deferred period, you receive the incapacity benefit to replace some of your income while you are off work.
How Income Insurance Works
We have designed Income Insurance to be as flexible as possible, and its aim is to suit your income protection needs. Below are some points to help you decide if this cover is right for you.
- You decide whether you can afford to make guaranteed or reviewable regular payments and what is best for you.
- You decide how much cover you need based on your current earnings, the deferred period you want (either 13, 26 or 52 weeks), how long you need the benefit to be paid for, and how long you want the cover for.
- You make regular payments to keep the cover in force. • We provide cover until your plan ends, no matter how many claims you make.
- You must tell us when an illness or an injury stops you working. • We pay you a monthly income from the end of your chosen deferred period for as long as you are eligible (see below regards deferred periods).
- If you are in hospital for more than seven days in a row during the deferred period, you may be able to receive hospitalisation benefit (see page 12 for details on hospital benefit).
When you take out this plan, you choose a deferred period of 13, 26 or 52 weeks. This is the continuous amount of time you need to be off work before we will pay the incapacity benefit.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space]
If you have a lump sum to invest, Mortgage Options can help you in deciding where to invest.
Before you invest you should ask yourself the following questions:
1. What type of risk profile do I fit into?
2. How long do I want to invest for?
3. What return do I expect to receive?
There is a wide variety of investment products in the market place so it is important that you choose the right one to suit your needs.
The following are just some of the different types of products available:
- Unit Linked Bonds
- Tracker Bonds
- With-Profit Bonds
- Guaranteed Bonds